Meet Dr. Nachbar
James M. Nachbar, MD, FACS is a double-board-certified cosmetic plastic surgeon practicing in Scottsdale, AZ, since 1995. Dr. Nachbar is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and by the American Board of Surgery. With experience and training in all areas of plastic surgery, Dr. Nachbar is dedicated to providing natural and beautiful results. His extensive list of qualifications and ongoing contributions showcase his status as a top professional in his field. Dr. Nachbar also holds numerous accolades for his work in both surgical techniques and educating up-and-coming surgeons during his time as a Chief of Plastic Surgery at the University of New Mexico.
Skills and Specialties
Dr. Nachbar is trained to perform plastic and reconstructive surgical, as well as nonsurgical procedures, for the face, breast, body, and skin.
He invented the trademarked Post-Baby Tune-Up®, the original "Mommy Makeover," before anyone else anywhere was doing Mommy Makeovers. He also has extensive experience with the No-Drain Tummy Tuck, and has done all of his Tummy Tucks with the No-Drain technique since 2008.
For patients who are wanting to enhance or alter their breasts, Dr. Nachbar provides breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, breast revision, nipple/areola surgery, and gynecomastia for male breast reduction. Additionally, he strives to produce beautiful and natural results in all of his surgery, including after weight loss surgeries, liposuction, fat transfers and Brazilian butt lifts, mommy makeovers, and tummy tucks. Dr. Nachbar also performs several surgical and nonsurgical procedures for the face and skin in order to create youthful and rejuvenated results, such as facelifts, brow lifts, rhinoplasties, and injectables.
Dr. Nachbar on Plastic Surgery
Education and Training
After graduating with honors from the University of Chicago, Dr. Nachbar went on to complete medical school at the Washington University School of Medicine. He then completed a five-year residency in general surgery at the University of Arizona, where he also spent a year as the Chief Resident of Surgery. In 1985, he began his fellowship in hand and burn surgery at the University of Virginia before also completing his residency in plastic surgery, where he again served as Chief Resident.
After his residency training, Dr. Nachbar joined the faculty at the University of New Mexico Medical School in Albuquerque, NM, where he was appointed the Chief of Plastic Surgery and Program Director of the University of New Mexico Plastic Surgery Residency. Dr. Nachbar moved to Scottsdale, AZ in 1995 and started his own plastic surgery practice to serve Scottsdale and all surrounding areas.
Never one to sit still, and always looking for intellectual growth, in 2015 Dr. Nachbar enrolled in evening law school classes, graduating law school second in his class in December 2017. He took the Arizona Bar Exam in February, 2018, and looks forward to getting the results on May 11 at https://www.azcourts.gov/cld/Attorney-Admissions However, he is not yet licensed to practice law in any jurisdiction.
Honors and Recognition
For his work in his field and his dedication to his community, Dr. Nachbar has received the Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery and the Certificate for Special Recognition for Volunteerism and Community Service, the latter primarily for his work treating cleft lip and palate, as well as other deformities, in Ecuador and Nicaragua.
Dr. Nachbar was also awarded the Distinguished Service Award by the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation, described and listed at https://www.plasticsurgery.org/for-medical-professionals/surgeon-community/award-recipients?sub=PSF+Distinguished+Service+Award
Dr. Nachbar is proud to be a member or a fellow of several prestigious medical associations that are working to make surgical advancements, including:
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Plastic Surgery Foundation
- The Plastic Surgery Research Council
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- The American College of Surgeons
- The Arizona Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- The Arizona Medical Association
- The Maricopa County Medical Society
Dr. Nachbar has and still holds membership and leadership positions in many committees promoting the education of plastic surgery skills and training. Through the years, his appointments have included:
- Chair, Emerging Trends Subcommittee, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Operating Room Continuing Quality Improvement (CQI) Team, University Hospital in Albuquerque, NM
- Computer Standards Task Force, University of New Mexico Medical Center
- Management Information Services (MIS) Task Force, University of New Mexico Medical Center
- Patient Education Committee, University of New Mexico Hospital
- Task Force on Computers in Medical Education, University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- Operating Room and Recovery Committee, University of New Mexico Hospital
- Medical Records Committee, University of New Mexico Medical Center Medical Staff
- Field Evaluation Subcommittee (Computer Selection Committee), New Mexico Medical Foundation
- Computerized Exam Committee, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- Educational Technology Committee, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- Marketing Committee, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- Plastic Surgery Residency Review Committee, University of Wisconsin Plastic Surgery Program
- PSEF Device and Technique Assessment Committee, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- PSEF Instructional Course Committee, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation