How Long Can the Results of a Mommy Makeover Last?
One of the biggest challenges new (and experienced) mothers deal with is their post-pregnancy body. Let's face it: pregnancy and motherhood can introduce a lot of changes to the way you look — stretched or sagging breasts, wrinkled stomach skin, and stubborn fat are just a few of the aesthetic issues moms commonly have to deal with. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. James Nachbar offers a solution: the mommy makeover in Scottsdale, AZ.
Before there was a mommy makeover, there was the Post-Baby Tune-Up™, a treatment offered at Scottsdale Plastic Surgery for mothers who wanted to reclaim their pre-pregnancy look and take back their confidence. If that sounds appealing to you, we invite you to take some time to learn more about Dr. Nachbar's game-changing approach.
What does a mommy makeover consist of?
Mommy makeovers incorporate a mix of surgeries designed to lift, tighten, and enhance your overall look. Every mommy makeover is unique, but the most common procedures Dr. Nachbar performs at Scottsdale Plastic Surgery include:
- No-drain tummy tuck: A specialty of Dr. Nachbar's, the no-drain (or drainless) tummy tuck tightens the abdomen with minimal scarring, post-operative pain, or risk of complications. Patients who undergo a drainless tummy tuck are generally able to be up and about much sooner than those who undergo traditional abdominoplasty.
- Breast augmentation: Whether you have asymmetrical breasts or just want to add more volume, breast augmentation can help you look fuller and more balanced.
- Breast lift (mastopexy): Many mothers complain about losing "perkiness" with their post-pregnancy bodies, but that doesn't have to be the case. A lift can bring your breasts back up, giving them a youthful shape again. This procedure can also be combined with augmentation.
- Liposuction: For those stubborn spots that diet and exercise just won't touch, liposuction can sculpt and refine, putting the finishing touches on your makeover.
What is the recovery process like after a mommy makeover?
Initially, you'll need to take it easy, allowing your body the time it needs to heal. The first few weeks are crucial for recovery, with most women taking 2 – 3 weeks off work and other responsibilities. During this time, you may experience swelling and discomfort, but Dr. Nachbar will guide you through pain management and post-operative care to ensure a smooth healing process. Full recovery after a mommy makeover may take a few months.
Which factors can influence the longevity of mommy makeover results?
The beauty of a mommy makeover is that it can virtually turn back the clock on your post-pregnancy body. But, like any good thing, how long those stunning results last depends on a few key factors.
- For the drainless tummy tuck: Gaining or losing a lot of weight, deciding to have more kids, or the aging process can all lead to sagging around the midsection. For this reason, we advise that women wait until they're done having children before choosing a mommy makeover.
- Breast augmentation and lift: Again, weight changes and time can both affect the results of your breast surgery. Hormones and gravity may also play a role in how your new breasts hold up.
- Liposuction: You've gotten rid of those stubborn fat pockets, but maintaining that sculpted look ties back to how you eat, how much you move, and — in some cases — genetics.
What can you do to keep your new figure after a mommy makeover?
A balanced diet and regular exercise are essential, not only for maintaining results but for your overall health and well-being. It's also important to follow all post-operative care instructions from Dr. Nachbar, including attending follow-up appointments. These steps will help ensure your transformation is as enduring as it is beautiful.
Enhance the look of your post-pregnancy body
If you're looking for plastic surgeons in the Scottsdale, AZ area who specialize in modern treatments for women, look no further than Dr. James Nachbar. As the mind behind the Post-Baby Tune-Up, Dr. Nachbar is dedicated to helping women feel confident and beautiful after pregnancy. If you're ready to do something about your post-pregnancy body, we invite you to contact Scottsdale Plastic Surgery to learn how Dr. Nachbar can help you reclaim your body and confidence with a personalized mommy makeover plan.